Surrounding areaFarm Holidays Poggio alla Cavalla – Tuscany
Poggio alla Cavalla Farm Holidays is situated in Lamporecchio (Pistoia) in the heart of Tuscany, near Florence, between Montecatini Terme and Vinci, the birth town of Leonardo. The area rests on the slopes of Montalbano, a natural terrace overlooking Valdinievole, with Pescia, the city of flowers and Collodi famous for its Pinocchio Park, and the “Padule di Fucecchio” (the Marshes of Fucecchio), a area of great naturalistic interest.
The countryside surrounding the farm holidays, which is particularly green and rolling due to its gentle hills, is mainly used for growing vines and olive trees and is characterised by low hills, except for Montalbano.
The conformation of the area and the vitality of the countryside have over time led to the creation of numerous small centres rich in: craft shops, small businesses, typical restaurants, little markets.
Near the farm holidays, there are recreational activities, services and attractions:
- The hills of Chianti Montalbano : Road Oil and Wine – The Hills of Leonardo da Vinci
- Padule Fucecchio : Outings walks in the Natural Reserve
- Collodi : Pinocchio Park
- Pistoia : Zoological Garden
- Monsummano Terme : Thermal grottoes and thermal pool
- Monsummano Terme : Golf Course “La Pievaccia”
- Montecatini Terme : Thermal town (Thermal pool, mud and mineral water treatments).
- Montecatini Terme : Hippodrome
- Montecatini Terme : Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Lamporecchio : Health and Fitness Center
- Lamporecchio : Tennis Courts – “Tennis club Lamporecchio”